Wednesday, January 14, 2009

SNOW DAYS ARE GREAT!

I love snow days.  Carson was actually feeling under the weather today (even though he INSISTED on snowblowing the sidewalk and driveway!) It is such a great opportunity to kick back and relax - wait, I mean, get home projects done.  I am busy fluffy my nest and doing what I really love - COOKING!
So - after posting about how good the Muffin Glory Coffee Cake is, I couldn't resist.  I had everything I needed so I whipped it up - And proceeded to have 1/2 of the 8x8 pan.  So good!

And, have you ever tried one of these?

This one might be my favorite.  The recipe is on the back and it makes for a really great dinner - for just your family or for a crowd.
Here's what you'll need and what to do:
3 lb Boneless Pork Roast (I have used one with a bone also - it worked just fine.)
Place in crockpot.
Combine:
1/2 c ketchup
1/2 c brown sugar
1/3 c cider vinegar
Seasoning Packet
Pour over the roast and put the lid on.  Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.  I did this today with a roast that was frozen.  I put it in at 11 am on high and we ate around 6 pm.   It was delicious!

No comments: