Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tour My Kitchen!

Here is a look at my kitchen. I have to say, it's one of my favorite things in our whole house. I am not one of those people who have a great big kitchen with fancy appliances and never uses it. I love to cook and spend time here. We have been in our house only a year and a half and I have continued to decorate.

Everything was designed by us - the cabinets are have a dull rub on them which means they don't have a shiny wood finish. The are also glazed. The countertops are Hanstone - which is kind of like Cambria, if you are familar with that. The light cabinets have a dark top and the dark cabinets have a light top. The wall were painted with Benjamin Moore's Shelburne Buff and then plastered in small areas and then glazed. You can see that I darkened the corners to give it an aged look.

I bought most of the kitchen accessories at Hobby Lobby. And, how could you possibly have a kitchen without a rooster. But, I think three's enough - a lamp, one on the shelf above the cooktop and one on the planter on the black cabinets. And, I didn't catch them all, but I have quite a few Southern Living accessories around. Maybe I'll post that next!



No comments: