Sunday, March 8, 2009

It's a rainy day. Again.

It's been raining for about two days. And grey and blah. See?

So, I have been doing some indoor projects, even though spring is almost here and it was actually "spring ahead" today and we lost an hour of sleep.
My project has something to do with this:

And this:

And this:
I'll share as soon as I am finished. But here's something I finished today:

It's an oldie but a goodie. And, most importantly, my husband's favorite dessert.
Yellow Streusel Cake:
-1 package yellow cake mix
-1 lrg. instant yellow pudding
-1/2 c. oil
-3/4 c. water
-4 eggs
-1 tsp. vanilla
-1 tsp. butter flavor
Streusel:
-1/2 c. nuts
-1/4 c sugar
-2 tsp. cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350. Grease bundt or 9 x 13 pan. In a large bowl, blend all ingredients (down to 1 tsp. butter flavor) for two minutes. Put half the batter in pan and top with half of streusel mix. Put rest of batter in pan and top with rest of streusel mix. Bake for about 40 minutes - or until knife comes out clean. Cool and, if using a bundt pan, turn out on cake plate. The cake can be topped with white icing (powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and dash of salt.)


No comments: