Friday, September 24, 2010

Junkin Queen - Burlap Project

What did I do today? A project for a friend of a friend that has recently lost her husband. She is a super lady who is what I would consider a "Junk Queen." She is a flea market pro and always seems to take someone else's trash and turn it into treasure.
So when I found a graphic on Etsy that said "Junkin Queen," I knew I had to buy it and make something for Linda.
Im participating in Today's Creative Blog's, Get Your Craft On. Follow the link to see all the other cool projects that have been posted by crafters.

Here's my finished project:

I used the Avery iron-on transfer paper that you can use in your inkjet printer. In my experience, that is the one that I have found works the best. Just remember if you do a project like this, you have to print your image out backwards - not so important if your not doing words, but very important if you are. Most programs have a option where you can "flip image horizontally" - mine was at the actual print screen.
Anyway- I printed out the image and ironed it on some burlap fabric. Then, I bought an inexpensive frame at Michael's and ta-da!
I had to move it inside to get a better picture and just see what it would look like inside...
Hmmm, this looks pretty good on my entry table. Maybe I will have to make one for myself.
Yippie - the weekend is here again!

4 comments:

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Oh this is divine! That is a great graphic and a wonderful project. Your friend will love it.

Krista@RustikChic said...

What a great idea...I love it!

Debi said...

Hi Nat, you have been busy, Did the friend LOVE this? I bet she did. Do you have an Etsy store?

I sure miss you and Miranda svideos...:(

DonnaMundinger said...

Well I was thinkin' this WAS for you! you do prety well in that arena yourself. LOL Did you part with it? xxD