Friday, December 19, 2008

Weekly Wrap-Up


Whew - what a week! Actually, it seems like this entire month has flown by. I think partly because the weather has been terrible here and it's hard to get out and do errands. So, you end up stock-piling them and then running around like a crazy trying to get everything done.
  • Last night, I spent some time in downtown Naperville, before the forecasted storm of the century was going to hit and did some shopping. We have a wedding to go to on Saturday and, in addition to it being 20 degrees outside, I am also 5 months pregnant. What to wear? Guess I won't be slipping into that little black strapless dress (or atleast not without 3 pairs of spanx!) So, I spent some time in J. Jill and found something I thought would work.
  • It really has paid off to wait and do some last minute shopping this year. Not that I had it planned that way. As I mentioned, it's been hard to get everything done. But, I made a trip to Ulta with a 20% coupon that I could USE ON FRAGRANCES! They never let you do that! So, I got my mom a perfume she requested and I bought 2 jars of Eucerin cream for a little project that I am working on. I have bought some fragrance oils and I am going to make my own scented lotions and hand scrubs for a few Christmas gifts. I'll post pictures of the finished product.
  • I also took a trip to Lucy - which is a great little store that sells exercise clothing and activewear. So sad if you don't have one in your area because they are GREAT! And, my mother-in-law is a personal trainer. So, we always buy her clothes from there - it's a situation you just can lose. Get this - with their sales going on, I purchased her 5 shirts- various hoodies, zip-ups and long sleeved t's. Retail cost = $250.00. My cost? ONLY $85.95!!!!!! Well, everything was on sale and then I got an extra 40% off that! Amazing. I just hope she doesn't want to exchange anything because it won't get very far on regular priced stuff. That's the only way to buy, in my opinion.
  • And, last but not least...I'm sooooo excited, and I just can't hide it. "What for?", you ask? I have ordered a Nikon D60 - supposed to be here on Friday or Monday. I just cannot wait. I have never really had a nice camera and, with the little one on the way, I'm going to be getting a lot of use out of this thing.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Natalie

No comments: