Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Homemade Christmas Gift #3

So - I am a little behind on the posting of all the things I made for Christmas. Truthfully, I've been way too busy snapping pictures with my new Nikon D60.
Let's continue to the matter at hand...I happened upon a blog the other day call The Pleated Poppy. This lady is fabulous making all kinds of great stuff and she even has a store. But, it got my crafty wheels a-turnin' and after I saw this posting, I was on a mission. I went to Joann Fabrics and sifted through the remnant piles and, as luck would have it, not only are these fabrics usually a great deal because they are remnants, but they were also 50% off! Woo-hoo! So, you might be asking, what do you do with a pile of fabric like this?

Well - I used photoshop to design some flowers and created paper patterns in different sizes. Then, I cut them out and sewed them together and place a safety pin on the back for pining on - jackets, sweaters, scarves - think of the things these little darlings could dress up! The recipients of these were very, very happy.


Have a great day!
Natalie

No comments: