Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A little late for cookie recipes but...

I know, I know. A little late for Christmas cookie recipes, but seriously, I could eat these every.single.day. I have taken a picture of my pan just two days after these babies were made. Ah, heaven.



You may make these already, but these are a must-make of mine at Christmas. And,if you are a lover of coconut, and how could you NOT be, these are fabulous.


Seven Layer Cookie:

-1 C graham cracker crumbs

-1 stick melted butter

-1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips

-1 C butterscotch chips

-1 C flaked coconut

-1 C chopped walnuts

-1 can sweetened, condensed milk (NOT EVAPORATED!)



Melt (or pour melted) butter in bottom of jellyroll pan.

Add graham cracker crumbs - I always add more than the recipe calls for so that I get a nice covering on the whole bottom. But don't add too much, otherwise the cookie won't hold together.

Layer ingredients in order given.

Drizzle sweetened, condensed milk over the top and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. After about 20 minutes, I keep a very close watch as the coconut can tend to get burned.

No comments: