Monday, August 16, 2010

Wedding In The Country Invitation - FINISHED!

It required a team effort this weekend to finish the Wedding In The Country invitations. But, I'm happy to report that they are hitting the mail today! We made about 110.
The wedding is going to be held on September 25th at my friend's pottery shop. There is a barn on the property that has been completely re-done and cleaned up so that they can host events like weddings and vow renewals in the future. A new concrete floor has been poured, fresh coats of paint have been applied and the ceiling is now illuminated by 16 chandeliers that came from a fairground ballroom in Bloomington, Illinois. They were originally brass and we took them apart and painted them white. They are gorgeous!
There has been a lot of work that has gone into prepping this place, but the location is so unique. If you are local, or just want to check it out, the website is www.ecreekpotteryandtearoom.com
Without further ado, here are the invites:
The cardstock is all Bazzill. The pumpkin on the front was cut by using the Pumpkin Spice 3x3 Cuttlebug Combo Die. I cut it out twice - once in white and once in green and then trimmed the stem off the white one so that the green could be seen. Then I inked the edges of the pumpkin. The twine is from The Twinery. The color is cappuccino. I can't believe how much you get for the price! We have so much leftover, we are going to be using it for the placecards.

For the inside, I went out to the actual barn and took an close shot of the barnwood. I had the photos done in Sepia and then we printed the invite information on vellum so that you could see the photo underneath.

Time to take the doggies for a walk. It's beautiful here today - only in the low 80's and much less humidity!

2 comments:

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

These are so amazing!

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous! I can't believe you did so many! I just got my Twinery order and used a tiny piec on my tiddly Inks card for tomorrow. Such cool stuff, thanks! You might want to check your link for the fab pottery place and tea room. Looks like such a divine place. xxD P.S. I didn color her to look "familiar" LOL.