Yes, I have finally finished my curtain project. A couple of weeks ago, I posted about my too short curtains. Well, they are now fixed...
Through the miracle of heat and bond and some fabric glue, I bought some curtains at TJ Maxx for $12.99 and cut them apart, and was able to add just enough length so that they would hit the floor. Ah. Project completed.
I happened upon a local furniture store that was closing and asked what they were going to do with all their upholstery fabric books. They were going to throw them away (GASP!) and I asked if I could haul them away.
They are fabulous fabrics and many are covered with paper backing - but I am finding all kinds of crafty uses for them.
So, the creative wheels started-a-turnin' and I have spent the last 5 days working on these little numbers:
Journals. Some of covered in paper and some in fabric. Last weekend, my mom and I went to the local flea market in search of treasures that I could attach to my notebooks. We found one booth that was teeming with vintage buttons - all half price! They were still a little pricey, but they make great decor for my journal projects.