Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hair and Shirt Embellishment from Window Treatment Fabric.


Today, I am participating in get your CRAFT on over at Today's Creative Blog.

Here is my Saturday project using some of the fabric from those upholstery books I snagged over at the furniture store. I made a little hair accessory:
And a matching shirt accessory. I put them on hair clips instead of a pin so that I would have to put a hole in my shirt (or my head - ha!). They are super simple. I just cut different size circles out of the fabric and then I melted the edges with a heat tool.

Trying to look "artsy" in the mirror...
Hope you all had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

I'm crazy for flowers right now. Great idea!

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow how FUN! I'm sure if I tried that trick with the heat gun I'd burn the house down. LOL WOW! Your hair is really getting long. Too cute with the accessory. Now I'm all caught up on your blog. Sorry, but that Everyday Cricut gig is wearing me out with all of the other stuff I have to do too. May need a vacation from crafting when it's all over. DH is really losing patience. Sure wish we could have that little talk in person one of these days. Hope things are going well. xxD

Debi said...

You sure have been busy since I last came here, sorry for the absence though! I'm lovin this project and especially your haul at the furniture store with all those sample books!

Julianna said...

Love it! I'd love for you to link up for Flower Week @ Singing Three Little Birds. http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2010/05/flower-week-linky-party.html

kanishk said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julianna said...

Hi! I'm featuring this today for Flower Week!